The Mysterious Competence Behind “The Law of Attraction”

Sumedha Golla

What is the Law of Attraction?

The law of attraction is a fundamental principle embellished in the universe suggesting that the mind possesses the ability to attract certain manifestations, based on the level of intent. The two components of this law consist of: like attract like and present progression. For example, thinking negative thoughts leads to negative experiences and expectations. However, optimistic thinking fosters positive ordeals associated with the flourishment of goals and desires. That’s why it’s important to stay in the present moment and not dwell on the past or stress over the future so you can only go up from where you are. The human mind warps the perception of its surroundings into a preconceived actuality. In a way, our thoughts are the architect of our reality. Tying this with the law of attraction, you can be anything you want and bring your deepest aspirations to fruition. Albert Einstein said, “Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the energy you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”

How to Adopt a Go-Getter Mindest

In order to be a go-getter to your desired reality, you first must be a go-giver. Share your devotion. Share your love. Most importantly, share your gratitude. Next, invest in yourself. Indulge in the art of self-development. Some ways to practice this are journaling, affirmations, positive self-talk, practice acceptance, and learning to grow. The polishment of oneself sets you up for creating a legacy. Create a future for yourself you can’t wait to wake up to. Setting this foundation now will only benefit you in the long run. Journeying on the pathway to becoming the best version of yourself fuels inescapable success.

Apply yourself 

How could this pertain to high school students? Well, your high school years embrace the uncomfortable progression needed in your youth. It’s hard to feel like your own main character in high school which is oftentimes discouraging to one’s inner worth/potential. Insecurity lurks within the hallways and the strive to be unique breeds competition. It can feel hopeless, in the temptation of succumbing to the void that banishes your inevitable foundation. It’s important to remind yourself of the limitless potential you exude. Be your own protagonist. Be unfathomably, unapologetically you. David J. Schwartz, the author of Magic of Thinking Big once said, “The mind is what the mind is fed.”. Let yourself shine so bright, that the world goes blind.