Deadpool 2

Back to Article
Back to Article

Deadpool 2

Megan Geller, Editor in Chief

The sequel of popular 2016 film Deadpool, Deadpool 2 opened in United States theaters on May 18, 2018. Already, the film has grossed $301 million across the world and this makes it the tenth highest-grossing film of this year. Directed by David Leitch, the film stars Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, and Julian Dennison, among many others.

The film has drawn positive reviews from critics, who have so far praised its humor and action. Some even believe it is better than the first movie. Deadpool 2 begins when after working as mercenary, Deadpool, for two years, Wade Wilson does not succeed in killing a target on the anniversary of him and his girlfriend Vanessa.

The two discuss and decide to have a family together, however, the target comes that evening and kills Vanessa. Wilson blames himself, and six weeks later tries to blow himself up in an attempt of suicide. The film continues as Wilson joins the X-men in an attempt to heal as the plot then continues to unfold in ways that would give away the film if I continue to summarize the movie even more. You have to see the film to understand the power it beings to the screen.

The action of this movie is incredible, and the acting is spectacular. This is a film made for anyone ready to be on the edge of their seats wanting to see what happens next. With an approval rating on 83% on Rotten Tomatoes, the film is packed with Reynold’s talent and charm on the screen.