Fly Eagles Fly- Eagles win first Super Bowl Title

Megan Geller, Editor in Chief

On February 4th, 2018, the Super Bowl LII saw the Philadelphia Eagles win their first Super Bowl championship. The game was played at the U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN and had an estimated 100 million viewers. Nick Foles, the backup quarterback, was named the SuperBowl MVP throwing three touchdowns passes, caught another one himself, had the best touchdown-to-interception ratio in the NFL, and overall played a near perfect game. This game boosted the most yards ever given up in a Super Bowl. Though Tom Brady posted a fourth-quarter comeback, it wasn’t enough to stop defensive lineman Brandon Graham, another former Wolverine like Brady, strip-sacking Tom Brady of the ball, and putting the game out of Patriot reach. Brady’s final play, a Hail Mary came up short in the end zone, and the Eagles celebrated with a score of 41-33.

Let’s not forget coach Doug Pederson’s perfect orchestration of plays executed by Foley. However, don’t forget, that Pederson has spent an entire season guiding the Eagles through an amazing season. People closest to Pederson and the team knew the Foles had a trick play and that they were ready to use when necessary. Pederson sat on the play, and it was brilliantly executed for the Eagles to get one of their six points, which Foles scored.

Pink, with the Flu, snag the Star Spangled Banner for her favorite team, the Eagles. Justin Timberlake took the stage at halftime and delivered an amazing performance with some of his best hits and a tribute to Prince.

Both quarterbacks have always been gentlemen, though Tom Brady has many more years of experience, just so there is no confusion, everyone witnessed Brady walk off the field without looking back and apparently snubbing Nick Foles. What was this? However, with amazing grace and after realizing Brady had left the field, Foles could only complement Brady’s talent and called him the greatest quarterback of all time. In the end, Foles just enjoyed the post-game activities with his team-mates, wife, daughter, and the rest Philadelphia. Regardless of the handshake, Foles will remember Super Bowl 52 for the rest of his life after throwing 373 yards and leading the Eagles to their first Super Bowl win.