MHS DECA Competes in a Successful Competition

Megan Geller

​Since the first day of school DECA, Distributive Education Clubs of America, members have been hard at work preparing for leadership conferences, and preparing students for business related degrees in college. These hardworking students have practiced, performed community service, and participated in competitions to hopefully earn them a chance to go to nationals.

​So far MHS students have participated in the Central Region competition held at Kean University in which the whole club was invited to participate. At the regional competition, any students who made it into the top twelve in their event moved on to move the state competition. The state competition was made up of students from the entire state of New Jersey, which consists of three regions, Southern, Central, and Northern. In order to make it into the state finals, participants had to place in the top twelve in their event. These twelve competed the same day for ultimate honor, a chance to compete at the national competition against students from all 50 states. To be able to compete at nationals one would have to make it into the top three in their category.

​Marlboro High School is honored to have four students representing our school at nationals this year. Congratulations to Alanna Flores for placing third in the event of business merchandising, Alan Shenkerman for placing second in the event of accounting applications, Zachary Labkovski for placing second in the event of quick serve restaurant management, and Antara Nag Chaudhuri for placing third in the event of principals of finance. These four students will continue to Nationals in Nashville, Tennessee in April. As these students continue to excel, MHS wishes these students good luck at Nationals.