Senior Spotlight: Carli Block

Senior Spotlight: Carli Block

Jen Geller

Carli Block is an MHS senior that is full of school spirit and passion for the activities that she participates in. As an active member of the Marlboro High School community, there is no doubt that she took advantage of the opportunities that this school has to offer.

Carli is a very accomplished member of the Marlboro High School varsity gymnastics team. She was a member for all four years of her high school career and this year was the captain. She has made so many amazing memories with the other members. Specifically, she said, “I love my team and love competing for Marlboro High School. I have been doing gymnastics for my entire life and it has become a part of me that I cannot live without.”

Additionally, Carli is a member of the Marlboro High School Donate Life Club. She is actually the secretary of this important organization. As a member of the Donate Life Club, Carli helps to raise money and awareness for organ donation and ways to help improve the quality of a patient’s life.

Carli advices freshmen to get involved in clubs and to go to as many school events as possible starting very early on. Also, she feels as though Mr. Uplinger is the teacher that has made the largest impact on her high school experience and life. She said that he gave her an interest in American History that she never would have had without him. She says that he also helped her with public speaking and taught her many life lessons that she will take with her for the rest of her life.

Overall, Carli has made the most out of her high school experience and has embraced her time at MHS. The legacy that she will leave behind in June in huge and there is no doubt that she will be successful in the future.