Senior Spotlight: Amanda Vollaro

Credits to Lors Photography

Credits to Lors Photography

Jen Geller

Amanda Vollaro is a senior who has contributed so much to the Marlboro High School community over the past few years. As a member or several clubs and even as a member of the Varsity Softball team, Amanda has truly made the most out of her high school experience.

First, Amanda is a member of Anytown (Lead for Diversity). This is her second year in this club, and she helps to promote diversity and acceptance among the Marlboro High School community through skits and other presentations. All of this is done with twelve other MHS students. Additionally, Amanda is Vice President of the Peer Mentor group. Working hand in hand with the special education department of our school, she helps to fundraise and set up the annual Spring Games for the Freehold Regional High School District. This year, they even hope to host a dance as well as breakfasts!

As President of the MHS senior class, Amanda is working extremely hard this year. Along with the other members of the student council, there is plenty of planning going on for the Senior Prom that will be in June, as well as the Frog Bridge Trip that will take place at the end of the year, and senior apparel sales.

Also, Amanda is a very active member of Rutgers Model Congress (RMC). Led by Mr. Yang, Amanda was part of the team that won last year’s competition. Specifically, Amanda is very proud to have won a distinguished delegate award at this past competition. She is very happy that she was able to help her team while doing something that she loves.

Amanda is also a member of the MHS Varsity Softball team. This is going to be her third season and loves her team so much! She feels that they work very well together on the field and enjoys working with her coaches Mr. Scalzo and Mr. Levi.

Overall, Amanda has loved her experience at Marlboro High School. She has loved all of the teachers that she has had along the way that have guided her to her success, and has love the academic expectations that were placed on her from the very start. She feels as though the high academic standards of MHS helped to give her more drive to succeed. Amanda is going to miss MHS so much in the years to come, but has definitely made the most of her time here and will never forget all of the amazing experiences that she has had along the way.