Santa Fe School Shooting

Megan Geller, Editor in Chief

In yet another 2018 school shooting, Santa Fe High School in Texas was stormed on Friday, May 18 with 10 were killed and another 10 wounded. At this school that is not far from Houston in southeastern Texas, students quickly found shelter prior to the killing of the helpless staff and students.

Jared Black was a 17 year-old student who was planning for his birthday party that was supposed to take place on Saturday, May 19. Shana Fisher was a 16 year-old who loved music and art. Christian Riley Garcia was a 15 year-old was getting ready, along with his family, to have a new home built, and he wrote on his soon-to-be doorframe, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.” Aaron Kyle McLeod was a 15 year-old who was known to always be cheery and kind. Glenda Ann Perkins was a substitute teacher at Santa Fe High School who connected with all of the students. Angelique Ramirez was known for her humor and compassion for all with a contagious smile. Sabika Sheikh was a 17 year-old who was supposed to return in a few short weeks to her home in Pakistan and was at Santa Fe High School in an exchange program. Christopher Stone was a 17 year-old and the youngest in his family, was considered the protector to his sisters. Cynthia Tisdale was a teacher and member of Anchor Bible Baptist Church. Kim Vaughan was the final student killed in the shooting, also from this first-period art class.

According to a May 19, 2018 CNN article by Jason Hanna, Dakin Andone, Keith Allen and Steve Almasy, the suspected shooter, 17 year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, said that he spared the lives of those he liked in the classroom, because he wanted his story told. One classmate said that the shooter wore a trench