Take Your Kid to Work Day 2017

Jake Ross

On the last Thursday in April, kids across the country get to wake up early and strap on their working boots and join their parents for a day at work. Kids are eager of course to find out what their parents really do at work. Kids often ask questions like “Are you in meetings all day?” or “What are you doing in work lately?” Kids are curious to see what an office environment is like or what it is like to be behind the counter of a store.

Children often accompany their parents to school if their parents teach. For high school teachers, their young children get an inside look into high school and what the day can consist of. It is a way to expose them to high school before they get there and it is a fun experience to see their parents share their knowledge with the students.

Teachers bring their children in efforts of showing them what high school is kind of like and what behavior is acceptable in high school. Some teachers even have their kids help teach a lesson to the class. The children also help with attendance and help to make sure students are paying attention to their parents.

Overall, Take Your Kids to Work Day is a great experience for both the kids and the parents. The kids get to see where their parents work and see what work is like. The parents get to show-off their kids and show them their job in first-person.