Sharing a Passion for Literature

Jen Geller

Mrs. Reganato is a very dedicated Marlboro High School English teacher who has been teaching for 20 years.  She has been at MHS specifically for the past 6 years and has been in FRHSD for the past 15 years and currently teaches Honors English 2 and Academic English 3.

Throughout her life, Mrs. Reganato was not always planning on becoming a teacher.  During her undergraduate years at Fordham University, her goal was to eventually go onto law school; however, she was an English major and during her senior year, a professor opened up the idea of becoming an English teacher.  As soon as she chose to follow through with this path, she wanted to teach high school students and went on to go into education.

As a teacher at MHS, Mrs. Reganato loves the student interaction that she has while discussing literature on a daily basis.  She enjoys being able to influence how students approach literature as they realize that it is good to have multiple interpretations of a particular work of literature.  As an avid reader, she has a hard time pinpointing one literary work to be her favorite at any given time.

If Mrs. Reganato had to give advise to the students at MHS, it would be for them to step out of their comfort zone.  She believes that it is important to challenge yourself and proofread all of your work before handing it in.  Overall, she is a very passionate teacher and it is clear that her love for literature and helping students shines through in the classroom.