Senior Spotlight: Emily Braisted

Photo Credits to Lors Photography

Anthony Cordi

Everyone is unique in their own individual way, shining and gleaming in unharmonious beauty. Senior Emily Braisted has proven that her star beams for a reason.

Emily Braisted is a staple to the Marlboro High School community, being enthusiastically involved in the student body. Being diagnosed, treated, and ultimately trumping the horrors of thyroid cancer, Emily made her concrete impact on Marlboro High when taking on the feat to construct the Ashley Lauren Foundation Club, raising money for children with cancer. Making bake sales, the Sadie Hawkins Dance, and carwashes an essential part to Marlboro culture, Emily has defined herself as a Mustang.

Just recently, Braisted had won the prestigious title of Homecoming Queen, making an iconic moment for the senior.

In a nutshell of her club and high school career, Braisted states, “The Ashley Lauren Foundation Club is all about raising money for children fighting pediatric cancer. Having been a cancer patient it is important for me to help others fight back against the horrible disease, because the journey is rough. The ALFC has not grown just in size but also in funds, we have raised over $12,000 and have over 100 members in just 4 years! High school has been a rollercoaster… One of the highlights of high school was definitely being crowned Homecoming Queen! It was seriously the icing on the cake of my high school career!”

Emily’s legacy at Marlboro is sure to surpass graduation.