Battle of the Classes 2015!!!

Battle of the Classes 2015!!!

Jen Geller

For most people (students and staff alike), BOTC is one of the most energetic and spirited events during the entire school year at Marlboro High School. It is one of the largest events of the year bringing together hundreds of students from every grade for friendly competition and a good time.

Leading up to the actual event the 14 students on the Battle of the Classes teams for each grade led the school in competitions. From Spirit Squares to Penny Wars, MHS began to take on a very competitive atmosphere. The Spirit Square Money went towards Alzheimer’s awareness and the money from Penny Wars went toward MS for MS.

This year, BOTC was held on November 24, 2015 in the MHS gymnasium. Hosted by Ms. Thyne, events ranged from tug of war to dragging the entire team on a sheet across the gym. Every grade level worked extremely hard and it was fun for all of the students watching to cheer on each of their teams. Everyone dressed up on the colors of their grades and many students showed off their class’s t-shirts.

After a performance by the MHS Dance Team, each grade competed in a lip sync competition. The classes demonstrated their creativity through a remix of many songs. The dances were very funny showing off all of the team members amazing dance skills and stunts.

Junior BOTC team member, Zeinab Mowad, has really enjoyed her experience on the BOTC team she said that, “I love getting close to the team and making the dance at night with anticipation. I love performing in front of the entire school.”

Senior BOTC team member, Christy Handel says that her favorite BOTC memory was senior year BOTC this year. She said, “I’d do anything just to relive that moment.”

After an entire evening of screaming and laughing, the seniors won BOTC 2015. However, everyone left feeling good about themselves because no matter who wins, BOTC is a spectacular night and fun for everyone.