Senior Spotlight: Marissa Levine

Photo Credits: The Sporting Image

Photo Credits: The Sporting Image

Jen Geller

Marissa Levine is a Marlboro High School senior with quite a bit of school spirit. She has made an impact on the MHS community through numerous clubs and organizations as well as sports throughout her four years here.

Marissa is a member of the varsity cheerleading team as well as the varsity golf team. Specifically, she is a captain this year for the cheerleading squad. She loves the Friday night games cheering on the mustang football players as well as meeting new schools and people through golf tournaments. Students that she gets to golf against come from all across New Jersey.

In addition to being a part of sports, Marissa is a member of several clubs and organizations. First, along with a friend, Marissa started a club for the Stomp the Monster Organization. This club aims at raising money for cancer and sending it all across New Jersey and will have there first meeting very soon for this year.

Also, Marissa is in peer leadership. This selective group is a part of many student activities at MHS. As part of the group, Marissa helps promote school spirit and be a role model to underclassmen. As a member of Sources of Strength, she also participates in activities to promote anti-bullying and self-respect.

Lastly, Marissa is a very active member of Anytown, Lead for Diversity, at MHS. As one of 13 students in this group, Marissa has been active in putting on presentations for the Marlboro High School community sending valuable messages. Most recently, the group put on a presentation during violence-awareness week to the sophomore class. Marissa loves being in Anytown and this is her second year as a member of this group.

Marissa loves Marlboro high school. She loves the spirit of the students and staff especially when it comes to BOTC and basketball. MHS also has given her amazing opportunities to be successful. If she could give her freshman self one piece of advice it would be to start off strong and on the right foot because it matters when you are older and are a senior. Marissa has said that the teacher that made the largest impact on her throughout her high school career is Ms. Berryman, because she was challenging, but also pushed her to work even harder to be successful.

Marissa has loved all of the amazing experiences that she has had at Marlboro High School and cannot wait to see what the future will hold.