John Morello shares “Honest Conversations” with MHS students

Jake Ross, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Last month Marlboro High School Juniors and Seniors had the honor and privilege to attend an assembly featuring John Morello and his new show “Honest Conversations.” Morello has been traveling the nation for 15 years spreading his story and guidance for students and people struggling in life. John Morello’s story is intended to reach out to those in “high-risk” childhoods and to tell them there is hope and a bright future ahead. During his most recent trip to Marlboro High School, Morello shared poems and stories from his most recent book and show called “Honest Conversations.” Some stories shared were of Morello’s past experiences in school and with his peers.

Students at Marlboro High School and schools across the country relate to and appreciate Morello’s presentations. He speaks to the students as if he is one of them and he reaches out to what they are truly going through. “Honest Conversations” was a great experience for Marlboro students and it appeals to many feelings the students may have.

In past years, Marlboro High School has welcomed John Morello to present his other famous show called “Dirt.” “Dirt” is Morello’s story that involves several characters that tell a story that all intertwine into one big story. It shows how people of all walks of life endure the same pain and are going through the same story.

Marlboro High School truly appreciates and thanks John Morello for sharing his work with the students and reaching out to lives across the country.